Sunday 22 April 2012

Parrot Nail Art: Polly Wants Something Better Than Crackers

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to add some nail art to Color Club - Metamorphosis as it was the last of the Color Club collection that I swatched.  I was a little stumped so I went to the old painting magazines my Mom got me and found this little guy.







Isn't he cute?  I guess I shouldn't call him Polly if I'm going to keep referring to him as a guy. =)

Anyways, he was inspired by some Parrots designed for Painting Magazine by Donna Dewbury for the August 2000 issue.


I was really happy with this little guy!  I'd felt in a bit of a slump but maybe I'm coming out of it.  I really liked the back feathers on the ring finger but my nails are so curved you can't see them and his face in the same shot.


I used acrylic paint for this design.

What do you guys think?
=)

Til next time,
Amanda


25 comments:

  1. Awwwh I love him so much!!! Adorable. You have amazing skills

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That's really sweet. I am still pretty new to nail art so it can be a bit hit or miss sometimes. =) Today it seemed to be working.

      Delete
  2. That is really impressive and so adorable! I love the shimmery green polish too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Wow" is the first word that springs to mind! Polly is *really* cute and so well made. I'm envious of your talent :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! Since I keep calling Polly 'him', maybe I should rename him Pauly. =)

      Delete
  4. Awesome job. I love it, very nice details. And I still think if he's a HE you can call him Polly. Or Pauly. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I ended up putting another parrot on my right hand. I haven't lifted any feathers to check but I'm pretty sure one is a Polly and the other a Pauly. =)

      Delete
  5. Wow this is really cool! I also just love that green base color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Metamorphosis (the green base) definitely ended up being my fave from Color CLub Take Wing collection.

      Delete
  6. !! wow this is fantastic! i absolutely love it, you are very talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing! The parrot is so cute! Great job! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your artwork. He's such a cute little guy!

    ReplyDelete

I read and try to respond to all comments. I really appreciate your feedback. If you need to contact me for any other reason, my email can be found under the 'Contact Me' tab in the link bar under the header.