Monday 16 April 2012

Like a Bird on a Wire

Hello Everyone!

I've got a bit of nail art for you today.  It didn't turn out quite as I had expected but I didn't dislike it.  I'd been planning to do this for quite a while but I wasn't sure that I could pull it off and I'm still not thrilled with it,  I think this is an idea I may revisit when my skills get better.



This mani was basically inspired by what I see outside my window everyday.  I live on the Pacific Ocean and there are a LOT of crows around.  Not many seagulls, just lots of crows.  Anyway, I wanted to paint them as I saw them.  My original plan was very thin lines and lots of birds but when the line came out so thick, proportionately I had to do bigger birds.



So, what do you think?  I don't know why I've been loving white nails so much lately but I have. 


I should mention that The Daily Nail recently had a mani up with a similar theme.  Our art is VERY different but I should just mention that it exists.   I can honestly say that I had planned to do these like this since well before I saw her design.


Well that is it for today kiddos!  I'm busy working on some art that won't be on display here until May when I do the 31 day challenge.


So, any ornithologists out there?

Til next time,
Amanda

P.S. Have you all entered my giveaway?

29 comments:

  1. I really like this - also the size of the birds!
    I'm not a bird fan though, I find them a little bit scary. =:|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind birds too much but when you get right in the middle of a big crowd of them - yikes!
      I think there's a very good reason why Alfred Hitchcock chose them for subject matter. =)

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, I didn't think of Alfred Hitchcock! Scaaaary indeed ~shudder~
      What I don't like about birds is that they're so unpredictable. You never know where they're heading!

      Delete
  2. I love this!! Did you freehand it all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, freehanded. My hand was really jittery while I was doing it. =)

      Delete
  3. Not exactly what you planned, but still very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm learning to roll with it and love the unexpected.

      Delete
  4. This is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the simple silhouette you've painted. It's what I see outside my window every morning too (sparrows though)! plus the poop they've left on my bf's car. I'm no ornithologist but I do love birds, especially their quirky mating rituals lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are odd creatures that is for sure. I leave cat food on the stoop but most of the time the cat needs to battle the crows for it. Crows eating cat food seems strange to me. =)

      Delete
  6. These are AMAZING!!! Well done!!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's amazing! I think it turned out great! Love it! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome job on this! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! I dont know how would those birds look on my nails, cause I have the worlds un-steadiest hand. more like elephants i guess :D

    ReplyDelete

I read and try to respond to all comments. I really appreciate your feedback. If you need to contact me for any other reason, my email can be found under the 'Contact Me' tab in the link bar under the header.