Tuesday 1 May 2012

31 Days of Nail Art - Day 1: Red Nails

Hello Everyone!  Welcome to May!
This month I'll be doing the 31 days of nail art challenge with three other lovely ladies!
Kelsie @ Kelsie's Nail Files, Steph @ A Little Polish + Erin @ Beauty Bumbles

I'm really excited to be doing this and to keep up, I've tried to do as many of these as possible ahead of time.  It's going to be a fun month and I've done some things I'm thrilled to finally be getting to show you.

Starting with today's...

DAY 1: RED nails



While I was brainstorming for red nails.  I kept getting that song by Nena, 99 Red Balloons stuck in my head.  Finally I googled 99 Red Balloons under images and this came up.


I found it on tumblr here.  Unfortunately, when I try to click through to who he reblogged it from, it says URL no longer exists.

Anyway, I though it was a great shot and knew I wanted to try to recreate it.  I started with 2 coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Pacific Blue.


Then I sponged on some China Glaze - Kinetic Candy and China Glaze - White on White.



And then I added lots of little red 'balloons' with China Glaze - Salsa, Velvet Bow, Hey Sailor + Wicked Style.


 
What do you think?  I really liked this one!

Please check out what the other ladies have done.  We'll be posting simultaneously throughout the month.  Then, come back here tomorrow at the same Bat-time, same Bat-channel for Orange Nails!
Other participants:

Last Chance: From the minute this post goes live, there will be only 9 hours left to enter my giveaway!! 



23 comments:

  1. What a great take on red!! I really like it, and the balloons looks as if they're made of glittery polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Not red perhaps in the strictest sense but I'm a rule breaker. LOL. All the balloons are polish but I'm pretty sure I used all creams.

      Delete
  2. Fun interpretation of the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 99 red balloons is an awesome song, and I'm not going to lie it is one of the first things that comes to my mind when I think of red... This is a fabulous manicure, so creative with day 1.. way to start with a bang! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've pretty much decided that when my brain seems stuck on an idea like this, just go ahead and do it!
      Thanks Kelsie! I'm just responding here and then I get to go see what you guys did!

      Delete
  4. if this is your first challenge you are off to an amazing start, can't wait to see the rest!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be my second challenge but thank you very much! I've been having lots of fun doing them so I'll be exited to show them all this month.

      Delete
  5. oooo i thought to myself, this looks like balloons in the sky...:) and it is! such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea! You're so creative ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This mani looks like art I'd hang on my wall. Great work! I just started following you and just joined in on the challenge. I linked you on my post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I'll make sure tomorrow's post is updated. =)

      Delete
  9. Wow your nails look so cute, I love your concept! 99 red balloons so creative, and I love that blue! I actually went looking for it, and couldn't find it. :( Good luck on your nail art challenge~!! :D Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much!! =)
    I'll have a peek around here to see if I can find that blue. It's one of my faves too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm absolutely in love with this. It's almost freeing, like I'm floating in they sky with the balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  13. AAAH this is so amazing! That picture is gorgeous and your nails perfectly represent it! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I read and try to respond to all comments. I really appreciate your feedback. If you need to contact me for any other reason, my email can be found under the 'Contact Me' tab in the link bar under the header.