Wednesday 7 March 2012

Walk on the Wild Side

essence has just arrived here in Canada.  I knew I wanted to do a mani to celebrate and I've seen so many acid coloured zebra manicures that I  knew I wanted to try one.  I've seen lots of colours on one nail, I've seen one colour each nail, I've even seen professionalDQ paint a wall of her kitchen in a rainbow zebra.

I wanted to try it, but of course I wanted to try my own spin on it.  This is what I came up with.   A rainbow zebra that progresses down my nails with some overlap.



I think this might be my favourite manicure I've ever done on myself.


The colours I used were: Thumb = China Glaze - Pool Party + essence - wake up!
Index = essence - wake up! + essence - wanna be your sunshine
Middle = essence - wanna be your sunshine + essence - lime up!
Ring = essence - lime up! + essence - let's get lost
Pinkie = essence - let's get lost + essence - break through

I used Bundle Monster plate BM-223 to stamp and Konad Special Polish in Black.




Sorry for all the pics, I'm just so in love with these nails.  Anyways, last but not least...a rare daylight shot of my nails.  (There is a reason I named my blog NOX nails, after all)



So, there it is.  I freakin' love it and I think it's a worthy welcome to essence in Canada.
Hope you all love it too!

'Til next time,
Amanda

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! I appreciate the compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's an awesome and funky mani! you've got a new follower :D and i've nominated you a blog award. Cee <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool looking! Very fun & colorful! Also, glad my neighbors to the north finally get to try out essence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, this turned out great! I love the spin you put on a skittle mani.

    ReplyDelete

I read and try to respond to all comments. I really appreciate your feedback. If you need to contact me for any other reason, my email can be found under the 'Contact Me' tab in the link bar under the header.