Sunday 4 March 2012

Nail Art Fail/Abstract Art

This manicure I did last fall.  I was inspired by several apple manicures I'd seen at the time and since my gold Gosh polish was just about ready to come off, I decided to try this over top. 

I didn't have any little brushes to paint leaves or stems with and I'd seen some variations with green rhinestones for the leaves so I decided to do that.  However, the only green rhinestones I had were quite large and from the dollar store.  Oh well, I forged ahead!

I chose quite a dark red for over the Gosh-Gold.  It was Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Wired Up. I made the curved tops of the apples and then added the huge rhinestones.

The result doesn't look a thing like apples.  Perhaps an abstract sort of apple if I'm being generous.

Anyways, here is the final result.  It actually looks quite Christmassy I think.




'Til next time,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and try to respond to all comments. I really appreciate your feedback. If you need to contact me for any other reason, my email can be found under the 'Contact Me' tab in the link bar under the header.